Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I'm taking care of my friends diabetic cat, it thought it…

Customer Question
I'm taking care of...

I'm taking care of my friends diabetic cat, it thought it was going into dka so i gave him a bit of food. the problem is i don't know if i correctly managed his insulin shot: the needle wouldn't go in, i've tried a few times, once i thought it did but the fur was wet so i tried again and i think it went in. so he might've not actually got his insulin shot and ate more than he should ( 1 scoop, i gave him a handful more because i was scared) he began twitching thats why i gave him food he's sleeping now

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

He's an old cat, and the insulin shot he needs is fairly small because he's very thin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/26/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand you are taking care of a friend's cat and you were having difficulty giving the insulin today. I am sorry to hear about the struggles you were having. Are you able to determine if he is urinating or drinking more than normal? Any issues with vomiting recently?