Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Cat, has blood in urine, a blood clot just came out in her…

Customer Question
Cat, has blood in...

Cat, has blood in urine, a blood clot just came out in her urine on my couch. 8 yrs old, diabetic..

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. I'm sorry the Cat has that. The Expert will know what to do. What is the Cat's name?

Bitsy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bitsy?

She has been crying off and on... With it being xmas there was alot of people and kids here today.. Now it's quiet and we are watching her.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/26/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

So most likely problems here are as follows in this order:

1. feline lower urinary tract disease from stress

2. stones

3. Infection

4. Bladder tumor

5. some type of bleeding disorder

You need to take your kitty to the vet asap and have her checked out ...they will need to run bloodwork and urinalysis....

Can I answer any questions for you?

I am standing by for questions...

ok, since not hearing back from you I will leave all your answer here.....I suspect this is either lower urinary tract disease or infection...make sure you get your kitty to the vet first thing in the am for the testing I have advised....

There is not anything you can do except monitor her and get her to your vet in the am....I hope my guidance will assist you with letting your vet know what you want done. Ask for a CBC, chem panel, Felv/FIV test, lyte panel, chem panel and urinalysis....

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

If you have additional questions feel free to leave here and I will get back to you tomorrow night...DRB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian