Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat has been throwing up alot yesterday and today,

Customer Question
My cat has been...

My cat has been throwing up alot yesterday and today, started throwing up a little blood last night, now he will dry heave and refuses to move, when he does move its very unsteady and wobbly and his back legs stay bent almost like hes crouching

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?

Not that i know of

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

Loki and he is 7 this past Aug

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Loki?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/25/2017
Cat Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Loki today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information to better assist you if you don’t mind.

Was Loki eating and drinking normally yesterday before the vomiting started?

Is he using the litter box normally?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i would say by the looks of it he hasnt eaten much for couple days, and no litter box for sure since yesterday

If you are receiving an offer for a phone consultation, please note that it is not from me. It is autogenerated by the site. I am not able to offer phone consultations at this time, but would be happy to continue chatting with you here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now he is yoweling
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he keeps licking his lips

With the symptoms that you are describing, I would be concerned about a possible foreign body obstruction. Yowling and lip licking can be a sign of nausea.

He may not be using the litter box id he isn't eating or drinking, but a urinary obstruction is also a possibility and if so, that should be treated as an emergency. I would recommend that you have him examined right away at a veterinary ER clinic. Obstructions can be life threatening if not treated in a timely manner.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian