Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

It has this almost membrane looking film developing in both…

Customer Question
It has this almost...

It has this almost membrane looking film developing in both eyes from the bottom moving up. The cat is a kitten probably about 8 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the kitten?

You
it has this almost membrane looking film developing in both eyes from the bottom moving up. The cat is a kitten probably about 8 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the kitten seem to hurt?

It doesn't appear to be in pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the kitten's name?

Jihn

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jihn?

No just the eyes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/25/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Hello and Merry Christmas! I am sorry to hear you are worried about Jihn's eyes.

What you describe sound like his third eyelids, which are normal structure that you just don't usually see. This can be a sign of an eye problem, of intestinal problems such as worms. Is he eating and drinking and playing normally?

I have not heard from you; how is Jihn doing? Please let me know if my answer was helpful and if you have other questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian