Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat threw up a hairball on Wednesday and had had a limed.

Customer Question
My cat threw up...

My cat threw up a hairball on Wednesday and had had a limed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?

My cat threw up a hairball on Wednesday and has had a limited apatite since the she is drinking water. And has diareaha

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Annabelle 10 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Annabelle?

She has asthma and takes steroids in pill form half a pill every other day.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/23/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Sometimes cats with get a little GI upset from having a bought of hairballs. I would recommend giving her some Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days to help settle her stomach and help with the diarrhea and to help with her appetite. I would also give her 1/4 tsp of Metamucil for a few days to help with the diarrhea. As far as what to feed her, I would try different types of we food, boiled chicken, white rice, chicken baby food, and some low sodium chicken broth to see what she will eat for you. If things don't clear up in a few days or she starts acting more lethargic, I would take her in to the vet for a check up.

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian