Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We have a new kitten. It's about 6 weeks old. It got tangled…

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new kitten. It's about 6 weeks old. It got tangled up in my husband's feet and he accidentally stepped on her. Her head is thrown back, she has a little blood coming out of her nose, she is defecating. She does not seem conscious, but her eyes are open.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the kitten's name?

Tyche.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tyche?

She is breathing pretty steadily. But she seems to have some spasms.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/23/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Your kitten needs to go to the ER right now......

This cannot be handled on this site....this is a medical emergency....

if you do not go now, she will probably die......please go to the vet ER now....DRB

Is there any chance at all that she will live?

yes, if you go to ER she has a chance....if they determine she will not at least she can have a humane death rather than suffering...

I do not want to call you. Right now, I feel like that it's not worth the extra expense. I don't think it will change the answer.

No problems.....go take her to the ER....do you need help locating ER?

I think there is only one in town.

ok, can I help you any further? I am really sorry this happened....:(

She does not seem to be suffering. She's not meowing, or in distress. But she is not responsive, either.

Trust me she is suffering.......

She is probably in shock and will have a slow death.....take her to the ER.....I ma going to opt out of this question. I have told you what you need to do....anything short of the ER is not appropriate......DRB