Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He is 18years of age he has anemia from infestation of fleas…

Customer Question
He is 18years of...

He is 18years of age he has anemia from infestation of fleas his bloods where 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?

Ruby his next to me on the bed his eating and drinking

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ruby?

The vet said by feeling that 1 kidney was very small and by felting his throat ? thyroid problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Ruby is anemic. Have you got rid of the fleas?

Good he is eating and drinking. If the anemia is due to fleas, it should get better once you get rid of the fleas.

Were any blood tests done to check his kidney function, and thyroid level? There is medication for thyroid disease in older cats. Kidney disease can cause anemia in cats.

Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago

I have not heard from you; I hope Ruby is doing better.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?