Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a 17lb cat and I am trying to find out what dosage of…

Customer Question
I have a 17lb...

I have a 17lb cat and I am trying to find out what dosage of Zofran he would use with a 4mg tablet?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?

He has been having an upset stomach and vomitting

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

No he has not ate anything unusual that we know of this happens from time to time with him it seems

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 4yrs old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

With regards ***** ***** question, if Demarco weighs 17lbs, he can have half a 4mg tablet to soothe his stomach. Of course, if that doesn't settle the vomiting then we'd want to consider having his vet just make sure he hasn't a gut blockage or infection. But otherwise we'd hope to get him feeling less nauseous.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**