Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

His name is doro and he is recovering from cat flu, he has…

Customer Question
Hi his name is...

Hi his name is ***** ***** he is recovering from cat flu, he has stopped sneezing about a week ago, but now for the past 3 days he has been very listless quiet sleepy, not eating as much as he usually does, and tonight when petting him i found a lump on his neck at his throat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Doro?

Doro is 18 months old, a rescue kitten from cyprus, he also has the calici virus

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Denise, a licensed US veterinarian. I'd like to help with your concerns regarding Doro.

Most commonly swellings under the neck at the throat are enlarged lymph nodes.

Do you feel a lump on both sides of his neck or just one side?

I​f your kitten is listless and not eating well, he may be in need of supportive care from your veterinarian.

If his symptoms persist, especially the swelling at his neck, I recommend that you take him soon to be seen.

In the meantime, feeding a warmed canned diet can help to stimulate his appetite while he is not feeling well.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

If you’d like to request me in the future for your pet-related questions, you can contact me at this page: https://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drdenise/?rpt=3800

Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian