Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat is 18 years old, with no some mild old age issues…

Customer Question
My cat is 18 years...
My cat is 18 years old, with no some mild old age issues such as some arthritis and hard of hearing, but otherwise in fine health. Her blood work just came back all fine last month. I give her lysine and glucosamine daily, but she is developing a cold. She is sneezing frequently, but at this point no other symptoms. We are leaving in a few days to visit family and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to catch this early? I have a petsitting coming but would hate for her to feel worse while we are gone.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 12 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

Do you have any human antibiotics in your home? If so, name the type, how many milligrams, and tell me whether it is capsule or tablet form. And let me know the weight of the cat. I am stepping away for a few moments and when I get back to my computer I will look at what you have responded.

I do have some antibiotics here. Can you tell me ones that are ok to use?

I need you to tell me what you have.

And I need the weight of the cat.

Are you there?

Almost all antibiotics can be used... I just need to know what formulation and strength you have and which antibiotics so I can choose which would be best and advise you how to give it. Thanks.

Please let me know if you no longer want assistance and I will close the question.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian