Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Just noticed a small soft lump in the neck just behind the…

Customer Question
Just noticed a small...

Just noticed a small soft lump in the neck just behind the jaw bone of my 16 week old. kitten. kitten not had any jabs yet, and not allowed out. lump is mobile

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the kitten's name?

Alpha

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Alpha?

She has an occasional cough but we put that down to fur balls, although no fur balls produced that we know of, failing that, she may be swallowing saliver

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
otherwise fit and well
12/18/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Can you send me a picture of the lump so i can see what we are dealing with?

Coughing could be a symptom that Alpha is developing an upper respiratory infection.

It could also be a small abscess forming. Abscesses can form at any time. Is the lump hot to the touch? Does it hurt Alpha when you touch it?

Is she drooling?