Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Thanks for your help. My cat is 22. She is very thin little…

Customer Question
Hi thanks for your...

Hi thanks for your help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

My cat is 22. She is very thin little kitty about 4.5 lbs. she is a tortie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your kitten seem to hurt?

Tonight she just went out of the room to the bathroom or litter box. She came back in and was hunched her tail was puffy and she was talking to me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the kitten's name?

When I looked more closely she did not have poop on her butt rather she was cramped down trying to poop or not being able to not try. If that makes sense. Shasta’s her name

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your kitten?

Well she is still cramping like she can not stop trying to go. She licks after trying each time. I think over many years her body has had many ailments. She beat lymphoma at 15, and had been very thin for several years. I feed her what ever I can get her to eat. As her vet said try anything and for years it has worked wet food dry food snakcks Sorry so many words

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/18/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear your kitty is uncomfortable. It sounds like she is constipated. She will probably need an enema administered by a veterinarian to help alleviate the constipation. Unfortunately, there isn't a good, safe way to do this at home. I would also recommend starting her on a routine laxative, Miralax, 1/4 tsp of the food twice a day. This will help her stay regular now that she is older. The vet might also prescribe her some lactulose as well to help keep her stools soft so they are easier for her to pass.