Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Stray cat's stomach seems to be pulsing in and out with each…

Customer Question
Stray cat's stomach seems...

Stray cat's stomach seems to be pulsing in and out with each breath. Breathing appears to be okay and does not appear to be in distress.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

He appears to be okay, except for the pulsing stomach with each breath.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

He doesn't show any signs of discomfort. It just appears to be abnormal the was his stomach is surging in and out with each breath.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the cat's name and age?

We named him Marms. He is a neutered male stray who appears to be about 3-4 years that we started feeding about 2 months ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Marms?

He appears to be very healthy looking. It almost appears that his stomach area is pulsating like he has the hiccups.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you!

If the stomach is moving in and out with each breath that implies that he is having trouble breathing

What is the rate of breathing?

Gums are pink?

Still eating and drinking?

Paul

Rate of breathing is about every 1-2 secs. Gums appear to be normal. He is still eating and drinking.
I do not want to call. We will take him to our regular vet tomorrow.
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian