Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat hasn't eaten in 8 days, only sips water a few times…

Customer Question
My cat hasn't...

My cat hasn't eaten in 8 days, only sips water a few times during the day. She is getting weaker by the hour. She lays on a pillow for most of the time. In the last 24 hrs she has not been to the litter box. Is there anything that I can try to get her to eat, in order to get some strength into her body?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?

Squeaky

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Squeaky?

Yes, she is about 12years of age. She was up this event, very active and playful, nothing that I can recall that would have triggered this situation.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

I'm sorry to hear about this situation with Squeaky. She hasn't eaten anything in 8 days? Is she vomiting? If you look at the eye, are they looking yellow? Has she been losing weight?

Her eyes not showing of being yellow, however wet and tearing. She is loosing weight, approx. 2 or 3 lbs.
I guess I didn't get much for my 5 bucks!
I’m sorry for my delay as i’m having computer issues.
Has she not eaten anything for 8 days? Is she vomiting?
I should have realized from the start, that this is a "SCAM".

I'm sorry you feel that way. My computer for some reason did an update and it really altered things on my end. Honestly, if your cat hasn't eaten anything in 8 days, the situation is one where she needs to be seen in person by your vet. There is something majorly wrong that is causing that anorexia and she needs their help.