Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I'm not sure, but my 12 lb cat might have eaten half of a 75…

Customer Question
I'm not sure, but...

I'm not sure, but my 12 lb cat might have eaten half of a 75 mg tablet of Rimadyl . As noted in other answers, I tried to give him 2 teaspoons of Hydrogen Peroxide with a syringe but I couldn't get it all into him. There is no 24 hour vet within 30 miles and it is Saturday night with no local vet open. What else can I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?

Josh...and he's a stray and estimated to be a little less than 2 years. He is very feisty and difficult to get anything into him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Josh?

Neutered...not on any meds except monthly flea med/

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

You are a good owner!

I would try the hydrogen peroxide again

Sometimes it takes two doses

Can you do that?

Paul

Will try...he's hard to hold while administering. Meanwhile, what physical signs will I see with him to verify that the half tab was eaten by him...and how soon?

Well we are looking for vomiting, ulceration of stomach (blood in vomit) and later on problems with the kidmeys

Thats why we want to get this pill out

Do you have a turkey baster or syringe?

Paul

Good morning

How did we make out?

Paul

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian