Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

15 yr old male had labs and xrays and they canmy't find out…

Customer Question
15 yr old male...

15 yr old male had labs and xrays and they canmy't find out why he is not eating sorry cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name?

Sonny

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sonny?

He has changed last 2 months Won't eat sleeps a lot. To me acts like doesn't feel well almost ready to put down

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/16/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Besides appetite loss, has he had any vomiting, gagging, drooling, mouth pain or breathing changes?

What treatments have been tried?

Are his gums pink, yellow tinted, or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

How much does this cost
Cat Veterinarian: Janice Thomas,
 replied 8 months ago
Janice Thomas

Hello! I'm Dr. Thomas,

We don't have the ability to see how much our service will cost you. But I can offer some ideas for Sonny, if you are still interested.

The questions from the previous Doctor are a good place to start, in order to give you the best answer. Also, how is Sonny doing today? Did you and your veterinarian decide to start any medications for at your last visit?

Cat Veterinarian: Janice Thomas,
 replied 8 months ago

Hello again! I see you haven’t responded to my last reply yet, but I need to step away from the computer for the next two hours. If you reply while I am away, I will answer your question as soon as I return.

Thank you so much for your patience!

I put him down this am
Cat Veterinarian: Janice Thomas,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know this sort of decision is not easy to make.