Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat lost a few small chunks of hair and skin on his face…

Customer Question
Hi, My cat lost...

Hi, My cat lost a few small chunks of hair and skin on his face today. It's raw and bloody. It also happened a few days ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Jerry and he is 7.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jerry?

He had a vet visit last year and everything was good. Though he's always had a tendency for flaky dry skin and little red bumps on his stomach sometimes.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/15/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Is Jerry entirely indoors or indoors and also outdoors?

He is entirely indoors. I also have another cat who has no skin issues whatsoever. I did try attaching files...let me see...

It doesn't look like they've come through. Sometimes if the files are too large they will error and not load.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian