Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I’m not quite sure, he’s salivating and has a runny nose and…

Customer Question
I’m not quite sure...

I’m not quite sure, he’s salivating and has a runny nose and is being very lethargic, gripping me right when I pick him up, and his little paws are cold

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Turbo and almost 8 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Turbo?

He nearly died when he went in to get fixed. The vet failed to give him enough fluids and he was super dehydrated, no sign of life except for a heartbeat, so he stayed in the animal hospital with IV fluids overnight, then came home. Ever since then we’ve noticed he has a sway when he sits, and either he is a complete idiot or he has brain damage, but none the less we love him This was about 6 weeks ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/14/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Any potential for toxin ingestion?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Are you able to take his temperature rectally?