Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She has suddenly - over the past day --- started defecating…

Customer Question
She has suddenly -...

She has suddenly - over the past day --- started defecating in the bathtub and not the litter box

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Gypsy

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Gypsy?

5 1/2 months old

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/14/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Don't know what you are doing but here are the essential litter box rules for happy cats.....

1. Scoop litter box twice daily everyday, and dump whole box at least once monthly

2. Use only unscented scoopable litter

3. With each cat you need 1 box plus one. So one cat needs two boxes.....

4. If you have an upstairs you need a box on each floor

5. No covered litter boxes, no litter other than the scoopable unscented type

6.Keep boxes in easy to get to areas of the house....not out of way places

you must do all of the above things in order to have success with cats using boxes consistently

If you have additional questions or concerns, let me know...DRB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian