Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Myprince has not feel good and i notice that when he uses…

Customer Question
Myprince has not feel...

Myprince has not feel good and i notice that when he uses the litter box there is no pee or poop

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the cat's name and age?

Prince and about 1yrold

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Prince?

1 year s old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/13/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

When he is in the litter box is he straining to urinate or defecate? Can you tell?

Is he eating or drinking normally?

PRINCE IS NOT PEEING OR POOPING THE LITTER BOX

Yes, but you said he was using the box, just that nothing was coming out so i am trying to decide of this is urination or defecation issue.

Male cats can become blocked in their urinary tracts causing them to not be able to urinate and they will strain in their litter boxes with nothing coming out. We can also see these symptoms with Urianry tract infections.

Now if he is straining to defecate than he may be constipated in which i can advise you on some over the counter human stool softeners you can try.

Since you are unable to provide additional information about Prince's symptoms the best advice that i can give you is that he needs to be physcally examined by a veterinarian so we can start figuring out what is going on with him.

Good luck