Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Is yor advice free? Is your advice free? Older cat who i…

Customer Question
Is yor advice free? ...

Is yor advice free?

Veterinarian's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Is your advice free?

Veterinarian's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Older cat who i think is constipated and i want to help him but very limited funds

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Tigger,17

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tigger?

No,ok until last 4 days

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/13/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Can you tell me what is going on with Tigger?

He has a very full looking roundish belly which he doesnt normally have. He still eats but the other day he pooped little hard balls ,right on the kitchen floor! . He also peed on the carpet which isnt like him. He made a noise yesterday while trying to go again and on carpet. He could have a blockage of some type too but I thought I would try some over the counter stool softener first.

Is he drinking alot with the urination? Does he have large pee clumps in his litter box?

When cats urinate inappropriately it can mean that there is a urinary tract infection occuring. When it hurts for them to pee they avoid their litter box because they associate the pain with peeing with their litter box.

Interesting. Tigger has never liked using a litter box,only occasionally so I let him out. My other rescue cats have no problem. so I haven't seen much with his urination to tell me anything. He does drink water so I wonder where he is peeing? I cannot go over the 5.00 limit on my credit card so I dont know how much you can tell me for that. I don't want any surprises!

The 5 $ is just a deposit. Once you accept the answer it charges another 20$ i believe. I am going to alert customer service to speak with you and the question will close.

Older cats can get UTI's and also kidney disease so i woud recommend getting his blood work and urine checked to see which is causing the issue. For hard stools to soften them you can give him 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon of mirolax in water or food 2-3 times a day to help ease his possible constipation

That is really misleading!!! I was under the impression it was 5.00 and that is it. What is wrong with people today and this shady, misleading information???? I f its more money they should tell me up front and let me decide! I do not feel this is and honest place and will be looking into this. It is not the doctor and I appreciate the advice but really , I am so sick of this type of dishonesty!! I trusted them! Now I don't!
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian