Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

There kittens about 5 weeks old and meow a lot when I walk…

Customer Question
There kittens about 5...

There kittens about 5 weeks old and meow a lot when I walk away or put them in their carrier. I'm training them to be service cats and be a lot calmer. How do I reduce their separation anxiety? How do I reduce their travel fears? They were rescued out 20 degree weather in a box which has something to do with their anxiety. I also wanna keep em quiet cuz I live in dorms and don't want people spasming out on me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the kitten?

Nothing they are healthy, rambunctious kitties. But me

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the kitten seem to hurt?

Work n how do I calm them when we travel or I put them in a carrier

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

There is nothing wrong physically with either kitten.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the kitten eating normally?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the kitten having trouble peeing or pooing?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious problems there. How is the kitten behaving differently?

They were rescue kittens that have separation anxiety and anxiety when traveling how do I calm them?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the kitten's name?

Spock Zelda and Kirk Pippen. They were both rescued together and I won't keep them separate they share everything with each other nicely.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/13/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Are the kittens still with their mother? Can you tell me more about their history?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian