Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 11 year old cat has nearly stopped eating and has

Customer Question
My 11 year old...

My 11 year old cat has nearly stopped eating and has frequent coughing attacks. She gets so upset when my other cat is near that she goes crazy. I’m afraid she’s going to bite me. She sits or lies on the recliner and growls even when no other cat is around. Is it time to euthanize?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Cats have coughing problems all the time but it is worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

My local vet said she has asthma but the cat refuses to take medicine. Her only exercise is from the food dish to the recliner. Lately she only leaves the recliner to use the litter box.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/13/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When was bloodwork last performed on her?

Do you have a video sharing her upset when the other cat nears her space?

Have you discussed the behavioral concern with your vet? When did it begin?