Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have 2 kittens 1 is 9 weeks old the other is 12 weeks old.

Customer Question
I have 2 kittens...

I have 2 kittens 1 is 9 weeks old the other is 12 weeks old. When i got my 9 week old kitten she had diarrhea and her bottom was swollen and red

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the kitten's name?

I have had her for 2 and a half weeks now and the diarrhea hasn't gone away. The person whom i bought her from said it was probably because she ate their dogs old food. Eventually my 12 week old kitten got diarrhea aswell this went on for another week and a half so yesterday i took them to the vet oh and also my 9 week old kitten has a very bloated tummy that never goes down so yeah yesterday I took both kittens to the vet. I started explaining about the 9 wk old having the runs. Not eating as much lately. Her tummy. And when u look in her eyes she just looks sick. Well without touching her and my 12 wk vomit sometimes lost heaps of weight hardly eats anymore has the runs and tired. Without physically examining them he just told me they had coccidea. He grabbed one at a time by the scruff of the neck and jabbed the needle into them they absolutely cried and screamed so bad it made me cry. My 12 week old one hissed bit scratched and when i have tried to comfort her she started coming to me i went to hold her and he pushed my hand away she attacked him again. Anyways after they both had the needle he gave them a liquid that made them froth alot at the mouth following this was a tablet he picked them up

Veterinarian's Assistant: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?

By the scruff of the neck and held them up in the air and shoved the tablet down their throats they were already really stressed and he just made it worse. He wasn't gentle at all. Actually he was very rough. Too rough i didnt like it. Well he said it should stop the diarrhea but it hasn't this happened yesterday that i took them and they still have it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Also the little 1 couldnt open her eyes hardly and they both slept from yesterday lunch untill today morning. They could hardly walk they were stumbling and the only time they got up was to go litter tray and to drink they would have a little nibble (3 bites) max of food thats it. My little 1 was also shaking non stop when i brang her back here and even when i would pick her up give her cuddle and comfort her it she still couldn't stop shaking. I'm worried that because he didn't do a complete physical examine on them and just diagnosed them from information that only i had provided. I'm worried that they still have diarrhea today and not eating much at all still. What should I do? He wants to see them again on Friday to see if the coccidea is gone and to do vaccinations but i worried that because the stress of the needle yesterday that on Friday when they get their vaccine that they will be seriously stresses. I just want then to get better. Could them not eating be they dont like the food or is it related to the sickness? What foods can i feed them to help? Can kittens eat some boiled chicken and rice?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Do you have a copy of the receipt to share?
2) Can you share a video of the shaking you saw?
3) Are you giving any medication at home currently?
4) What foods are you feeding the kittens? Is it always the same or some rotation?

The receipt for What??
No i didnt get it on video i was just trying to comfort the both of them.
No i not currently medicating at the moment
And the food i get for them i GET a couple of brand food and just rotate them around. But i stick with the 3 brands i get and just rotate the flavours

A receipt for the services that you had rendered. Your vet should have charged you for what they did and I'd like to see what was included in the examination and treatment so that I can best advise you on where to go from here.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian