Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

It's not mine, it's a stray. He was attacked by a dog. He…

Customer Question
HI. It's not mine...

HI. It's not mine, it's a stray. He was attacked by a dog. He can't walk. One leg seems to b paralysed, and I see that he can't clean himself up. He won't eat, but has taken water.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

It's dirty. Looks like dried blood on both legs, and his belly.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the stray's name and age?

I call him sneezy, but I don't know. He looks about 6 mos old, but malnutritioned.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Sneezy?

He looks about 6 mos old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sneezy?

Not that I am aware of. He is a stray.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
I have baby aspirin, can I give him that? He keeps crying.
12/11/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

It sounds like this dog really needs veterinary attention. He could have internal injuries or fractures. He is probably in more pain than aspirin would help. In addition aspirin can increase bleeding.

If you do not want to adopt him, please take him into an SPCA or animal control so he can get good veterinary care. Animal control often brings strays in for me to treat and stabilize.

When I work at the emergency clinic animal control brings patients in for me to treat as well.

So they are not going to let him just sit in a cage and suffer.

Thank you so much for helping him.

I hope this helps.

If you have any other questions please reply again.

Many Thanks

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian