Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We have a Domestic Short Hair Male Cat that was sick

Customer Question
We have a Domestic...

We have a Domestic Short Hair Male Cat that was sick yesterday vomiting his food after eating. We had him fast all night to calm his stomach and today he will not eat anything

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

Not that we know of and he is an inside cat.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Dinky and 8 yeas almost 9. My wife gave him a crushed up Tums, maybe an 8th of a pill last nitght to help him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dinky?

Sleeps a lot today which is not really unusual but otherwise seems fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/11/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Dinky, please?

Regretfully, his vomiting yesterday and anorexia today while important symptoms aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Have any new symptoms arisen which might clarify why Dinky is symptomatic in that manner?

Nothing new...although he did eat a little today so far. What should we do if it happens again???
I think this is a rip off!!. To begin with we wanted to know yesterday, when the cat was sick,..not the next day. Granted it was a weekend and you have a right to your days off but let us know before we commit to an expenses like $22.00 to then only encourage us to spend another $28.00 dollars to "talk" to you??? Are you kidding me??. I think you should authorize a refund as your web site states if I was not happy. And asking me more questions to a simple request is not satisfactory! And I'm not happy!! Please issue a refund to Pay Pal.

I understand. I'll contact customer service for you.