Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat's front leg is swollen and he's curled up as if in pain…

Customer Question
Cat's front leg is...

Cat's front leg is swollen and he's curled up as if in pain Didn't see anything happen to him, just saw him curl up in an unusual way, protecting his leg

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Potato, 3 yrs

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/9/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has he had these signs?

Does he have outdoor access?

Any wounds or punctures?

Where on the front leg is it swollen (ie around the paw, joints, etc)?

Can you take a photo so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.