Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My domestic shorthair cat 6 years 9ld in good health. this…

Customer Question
My domestic shorthair cat...

My domestic shorthair cat 6 years 9ld in good health. this morning ear hurts nothing visable. now pantin hard , wont settle, cant find tick or bite, not in fight.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?

Sylvia Reilly

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sylvia?

Taken off street as kitten, usually robust good health, alittle overweight, very active, playing this morning as usual

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/9/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Are you seeing any redness, swelling or discharge (or even odor) from the ears?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?