Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat started breathing heavily recently, no panting or…

Customer Question
My cat started breathing...

My cat started breathing heavily recently, no panting or anything though and aside from that she's eating, drinking water, and doesn't have any other symptoms

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Freya, about one year

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Freya?

A couple days ago she was dry heaving but nothing came up and I think it may have been stress related since she flew overseas a couple weeks ago and we took a couple more car trips after that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/9/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?