Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

My cat drooled a bit. I cleaned it up and offered her food.

Customer Question

My cat drooled a bit. I cleaned it up and offered her food. She ate a fair amount then proceeded to just crouch. She did go and drink water, but then again, crouched down. Wherever she goes, she crouches. This is not normal for her but she definitely hasn't done this before. Now she is lying down but she doesn't look herself. She has urinated today with the last time being a little more than 2 hours ago.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's approximately 15
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about GG?
Customer: Not that I can think of at the moment
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

It sounds like GG is having abdominal pain and with her urinating more frequently this sounds like she has a urinary tract infection.

Urinary tract infections can be quite painful and can hurt to move ( hence the crouching behavior)

Other possibilities include arthritis ( given her age) which can really set in and cause them to have trouble walking normally

I would recommend getting her checked out at your regular veterinarians so we can look at her urine and make sure her kidneys are also functioning well.

Are you able to get GG seen tomorrow so we can get her urine and kidneys checked?

Bladder wall inflammation can cause a significant amout of discomfort in any species and they will exhibit symptoms like the ones GG is showing you.

Unfortunately, there are no home remedies currently to treat or diagnose this condition in cats.

Good luck with GG hopefully we can get this figured out quickly with a visit to your regular veterinarian

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have, just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

This Content is not intended to be a substitute for a professional veterinary exam, diagnostics, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your attending veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition of a pet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Meghan Denney