Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

SHE SPRAYS ALL OVER THE HOUSE. MY VET SAID THAT SURGERY WAS

Customer Question

Second opinion] SHE SPRAYS ALL OVER THE HOUSE. MY VET SAID THAT SURGERY WAS THE ONLY SURE WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEM. BUT THAT, AS AN OLDER CAT (SHE WALKED INTO MY KITCHEN SOME YEARS AGO AS A STRAY SO I DON'T KNOW HER AGE) SHE MIGHT NOT SURVIVE THE SURGERY. HE PRESCRIBED MEDS IN PILL FORM BUT SHE WILL NOT SWALLOW THEM. CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANOTHER APPROACH? IS THERE A PILL THAT TASTES LIKE FISH OR MEAT?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the stray cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: HER NAME IS MINOU, (FRENCH FOR PUSSYCAT), PRONOUNCED "ME NOO". SHE HAS LIVED WITH ME FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about MINOU?
Customer: SHE IS PART SIAMESE I THINK.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Do you still want to keep waiting for Dr. Gary or may I assist you?