Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My kitty is very unbalanced. She’s been this way for awhile.

Customer Question
My kitty is very...

My kitty is very unbalanced. She’s been this way for awhile. I have to help her potty. She eats and drinks water good. Any ideas.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your kitten?

She’s unbalanced staggers falls. She eats and drinks good.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes no wound. She’s 13 yrs old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the kitten's name?

Delilah

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Delilah?

She seems to be pretty healthy other than she’s staggers when she walks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
I have taken her to the vet. Her ears are clean. She’s been unsteady for about 3 to 4 months now.
12/7/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I can't make a diagnosis over the internet, but I can give you some advice regarding your cat. There are a few reasons why cats will have these issues. One would be a chronic inner ear issue. A cat's inner ear had 2 chambers and can harbor infection for a long time. The other possibility is a cardiovascular issue such as a stroke or heart disease. Another possibility would be a primary neurological disease such as a canicer in the spinal cord or inflammation. I would recommend taking her to the vet for a thorough check up. They will probably need to run some bloodowork and do x-rays to test these things.
Ok, I just saw your most recent post, please disregard the note about the ears.