Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 17 yr old female cat is passing some blood when

Customer Question
My 17 yr old...

My 17 yr old female cat is passing some blood when urinating. She was treated for a bladder infection 12 months ago She has eaten little for the past 2 days. She is on a overactive thyroid pill..

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?

May

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about May?

She is on methimazole 5mg twice a day.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/7/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I'm sorry May is having some issues with her urine - did you see blood in the litterbox or did she go outside of the box?