Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

What first aid can you recommend for cats that are stiff but…

Customer Question
What first aid can...

What first aid can you recommend for cats that are stiff but still breathing

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

He is still breathing but he doesnt move I tried opening his mouth but it is hard I managed to open it but it keeps closing

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Gabby. it was a month now since I picked him up from the garbage can

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

At the time I picked him up, his eyes are already open. he was active last night

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/7/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Any animal that is not very responsive like what you're descrIbing really needs emergency veterinary treatment at a veterinary hospital. He sounds very shocky to me. Is there any way to get him to an emergency vet tonight?