Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat feel from the top of the stairs, straight down to the…

Customer Question
My cat feel from...

My cat feel from the top of the stairs, straight down to the next floor (about 11 foot). She's now hiding in strange places. I have to note that the fall was caused because she was startled by our other cat coming up the stairs and fell off the platform she was sitting on. We have seen her run from under the chairs and back up the stairs. We have been able to pet her (and check for areas of pain) with no reaction. But the hiding in strange places concerns us. We don't know if it is because of the other cat startling her or she is hurt.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

Don't know if it counts but both are ferals that have just recently been allowed in the house (3 months)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/6/2017
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How is she doing this AM

I apologize that no one got to you sooner- not acceptable!

Paul

She seems to be doing fine. She visited our bedroom last night (as always) to "sleep" with/on us. She went out this morning (as normal) and returned home this evening (as usual). She is not eating as well as normal, but the other cats have joined her in the house this evening, so that may be it. She seems to be fine and back to normal. She is kneading, so I don't think even her feet were hurt from the fall.