Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has eaten my majesty palm and is not her usual self.

Customer Question
My cat has eaten...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is 5.5 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rachamim?

I noticed she is not eating as much as she normally does and sometimes throws up, She has a vet appt in the morning.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/6/2017
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Majesty palms are not toxic like the Sago palm

The worst that I would expect is mild upset stomach

Okay?

You can continue to give food and water

Paul

So the clinical signs may be related to eating the palm but should pass

thank you, ***** ***** the piece of mind - that she will be alright. She is the sweetest kitten and so very gentle. Again, thank you.

You are very welcome

Make sure she eats and drinks

Update me in a couple hours

And please dont forget to rate me- That is how this old doc gets paid :)

Paul