Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Has a lump on his leg. vet said it is NOT a lipoma...kind of…

Customer Question
Has a lump on...

Has a lump on his leg. vet said it is NOT a lipoma...kind of hard, attached to tissue underneath, etc. ???

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?

He is totally healthy cat... he is 10.5 weighs 10 pounds. really healthy. Krishna.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

He is 10 years old. Krishna

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

Vet took tissue sample an hour ago. so, I am just nervous.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? When did you first notice the lump?

Recently..thanksgiving

Okay thanks for the additional information . Did your veterinarian get a sample with a needle? With an older cat that has a hard mass one tumor that I worry about is a sarcoma. That can be a common tumor in older cats. Even though it comes back as cancer there are some cancers that can be cured with surgery alone. While others are more aggressive and require chemotherapy or some other more aggressive treatment.