Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has 2 lumps at the base of her spine where her tail…

Customer Question
Hello, my cat has...

Hello, my cat has 2 lumps at the base of her spine where her tail is. When we touch them, she starts twitching and biting her paws very fast. She seems completely fine otherwise. We are worried for her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

She's about 6 years old and we've had her since birth. We just moved to a new apartment where she has adjusted very well. She is neutered as well.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/4/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about your cat having these lumps.

How big are they? How long have they been there?

Can you possibly post a picture of them here?