Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a 5 year old indoor only cat - only animal in the…

Customer Question
I have a 5 year...
I have a 5 year old indoor only cat - only animal in the house. She woke up this morning and one of her eyes was closed and I could tell it was bothering her. There wasn’t any drainage but her eyes did look a little glassy. She opened both eyes later the day and has been her same food loving, playful self. She started squinting the same eye tonight but is acting fine. My vet is closed so should I take her to the emergency vet tomorrow if she is the same or fine to wait until Monday?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
She is eating, drinking, playing like normal - not lethargic.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth - I'm so sorry your question wasn't responded to sooner - different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your kitty's problem, and want to help. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I think that is a good sign that she is still acting like her usual self and eating, any sneezing or congestion that you've noticed?