Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He has developed a slight cough. Sounds pretty mucusy. He is…

Customer Question
He has developed a...

He has developed a slight cough. Sounds pretty mucusy. He is approximately 14 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Cats have coughing problems all the time but it is worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the cat's name?

BC

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about BC?

Not really. He weighs approximately 14 lb and has been pretty healthy throughout his life

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How often are you hearing the coughing? Do you have a video of the coughing to share?

About 4 to 5 times an hour. I am trying to get video but have not been able to get one yet. It just started today or possibly a little last night. He doesn't appear to have any sinus congestion at all.

Has he been diagnosed with any concerning conditions such as asthma, an upper respiratory disorder in the past, a heart murmur, etc?

Once the video has been obtained: there is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

No prior diagnosis. Has always been healthy.

I will be best able to help with a video. If you are not able to capture one, can you find one on youtube that shows precisely what you're seeing?

Due to the additional cost of all your services that I will take him to the vet in the morning but thank you anyway. You were have absolutely no assistance

I'll be happy to contact customer service for you. Good luck!