Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She just loss her time playmate. She doesent have a good…

Customer Question
She just loss her...

She just loss her long time playmate

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

She doesent have a good appettie like she did before and not as playful as before

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

She does not show any apparent pain , just kind of lethage

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Katriney and 6 yeare

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Katriney?

6 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Katriney?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
12/1/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

Have you had her to a vet to make sure there is not an underlying medical cause? A vet could determine if there was anything going on that could cause the lethargy and reduced appetite. Cats often do not show any symptoms until they are very ill. So I recommend you take her to the vet and have blood work done to check for underlying infection or metabolic disease. Then if all that is normal she could take an anti-depressant for a few months until she is no longer mourning the loss of her friend. Since lethargy and lack of appetite are very vague signs can have many causes I would start with the vet exam, blood work, and then behavior medication if needed for short term relief. How does that sound?

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian