Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a persian that is having a cat scan. She started with…

Customer Question
I have a persian...

I have a persian that is having a cat scan. She started with slight cough.. only few days was on prednisone and then that cleared and went to upper respiratory ... that we can't seem to clear up with meds.. so in with specialist having cat scan done.. she has one nostril blocked.. wondering how long the scan takes

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the Persian's name and age?

Coughing stopped in few days.. but the respiratory upper still went on .. took her to vet once a week..my own choice to make sure no fluid or heart issues.. Chanel and she's 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Persian's name?

Chanel and she's 12 white chincilla siver silver

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chanel?

Had blood work done to check her heart.. all good.. xrays done all good.. was eating well and drinking.. until the other day when I decided enough and brought her to emergency.. they said she didn't seem in danger to have to stay but I preferred it.. seeing the specialist would be able to see her the next day instead of waiting till Saturday

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/30/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

CT scans take around an hour, but then the images need to be processed and read by a radiologist which can take a day or so depending on their caseload.

Typically pets will be at the specialty hospital all day. Things move faster in veterinary medicine than in human medicine but still take time.

Pets have to be sedated and under anesthesia to get the scan done so then the pet also needs time to recover.