Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is constantly trying to reach her back and is very

Customer Question
She is constantly trying...

She is constantly trying to reach her back and is very sensitive to attention behind her shoulders

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

I just told you

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

She seems as though she is itching on her back

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

Layla is seven and she does not have fleas I would know

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Layla?

She is a totally indoor cat with no front claws and pampered every day

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/30/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

When she reaches this spot, is she biting? licking?

What flea prevention is she on and when was it last dosed?