Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She came after me for no apparent reason today. She did this…

Customer Question
She came after me...

She came after me for no apparent reason today. She did this a couple times before and no believed me. So we got her fixed and shes up to date with all her shots. she has been acting a little weird the past couple of days to. I don't want to get rid of her cause I love her so much but I'm that shes gonna come after me one day and really hurt or someone else like my grand children one of them live with me too

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?

Lucy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucy?

I can't think of anything besides she hisses growls and scratches and bit me

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/30/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What was happening before she came after you?

Can you tell me about her life before she came to you?

Does she have all of her claws or is she declawed?

How old is she?

She was taking from her mother early cause I was feeding her milk out of a syringe. My boyfriend got her fire me from a friend of a friend. She has her claws.she's 2yrs old I just got her fixed with all her shots bout a month ago. I was shutting the play room door that we have for all the our grandchildren when I was shutting the door she just came after me and tried to bite me she was growling and hissing and scratching me I tried to get away and I was going in the other direction and she still ran after me. She did this before when I took a cheerio from her that fell out my bowl she wanted to play with it and I wouldn't let her play with it cause everyone was sleeping. And I thought it was cause she didn't get fixed yet not did she have her shots cause I was waiting for an appointment at the mspca it's like when I say no she gets mad. Also my daughter was pregnant when she was real small so my grandson is around the same age maybe 6months apart I'm the only one who feeds her I give her treats and we play with her all the time if I'm to tired to play with her my boyfriend plays with her. I always have scratches on me from her and she bit my nose before

Hormones can definitely play a role. Unfortunately, they do not see an immediate benefit following surgery. It may be 4-6 months before her hormones begin to reduce in her body naturally where she's a more calm girl. This sounds more behavioral than hormone-related, however.

Did she have any bloodwork performed at the time of her spay? If so, can you share a copy?

When she plays with you or your boyfriend, is she permitted to bite and scratch while she plays?

Where was she prior to you trying to shut the door to the play room?

Does she ever act painful or show signs of rippling skin?

Wouldn't it be easier for us to talk on the phone

Unfortunately, I will not be able to offer a phone call. I will open your thread for other experts who can offer a call.

Cat Veterinarian: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 6 months ago
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I am another cat Expert.

I would be more than willing to speak to you on the phone about Lucy, but there is an additional charge for a phone call. I would need to send you an offer and you would need to accept it, for us to speak on the phone.

I see that you were communicating with the other expert quite a few hours ago, so if we can set up a mutual time to speak (I'm in the Eastern time zone), that would be great! I have some good suggestions for you.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thank you,

Cher

I'm struggling as it is supporting my daughter and her son cause she won't get a job and with holidays that I'm trying to enjoy I really can't afford spending any more $on this I can't even find the site of whereI paid for it I'm sorry

I understand and I'm sorry you're struggling, financially, due to supporting your daughter and her son.

You had requested the phone call, so I made the offer. Would you like just a written answer instead, or would you like to cancel your question? Experts have no idea of how much you paid, initially; only Customer Service can give you that information.