Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has lost weight, and now his stools are soft,formed,

Customer Question
My cat has lost...

My cat has lost weight, and now his stools are soft,formed, but really light brown to almost yellow in color. He refuses to eat anything. When Ipicked himup he sqyalledlike Iwashurting him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is approximately 13 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cameo?

He has been refusing food off and on for a few weeks. Sometimes he would eat and sometimes he refused. Now he wont eat at all. I’m afraid maybe it is liver cancer or fatty liver diseases.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/28/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Jo, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Cat Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience, and I'm here to help with your question about Cameo.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but I'm glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.
To start with, I want to let you know that liver cancer is one of MANY different things that could be causing these symptoms. There are also several other possibilities, some of which are relatively easy to manage.

Fatty liver disease would only be likely if your cat was pretty fat to start with. It doesn't happen to skinny cats.

So... the bottom line is that while there are some pretty serious and scary possibilities on that last, there are also some diseases that can be treated. That is encouraging.

Please start by telling me what your question is, and I'll do my best to get you the information you need.
I'll be standing by awaiting your reply. Thank you.