Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat licked peppermint oil off of skin I read about this…

Customer Question
My cat licked peppermint...

My cat licked peppermint oil off of skin I read about this and it's freaking me out

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?

4month bengal cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

Simba

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/27/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. When did this ingestion occur? Was this pure peppermint oil on the skin? lotion? How much was consumed? Any symptoms from Simba?