Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is urinating thicker mucus like blood.her urinating is…

Customer Question
She is urinating thicker...

She is urinating thicker mucus like blood.her urinating is frequent lengthy and slow

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Age 7 name puma

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

I also just fpund that she has punctured one of my liquid naproxen tablets that beed on the floor but that was just 15 minutes ago so i know the urinating isnt from that.but i am woorried about the naproxin pill she just got ahold of off the floor

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/26/2017
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good Morning.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Is there much missing from the Naproxen tablet?

The mucus and blood may be due to a bacterial infection but could also be due to stones/crystals in the urine or interstitial cystitis.

Paul