Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We found a cat underneath our grandson's car three nights…

Customer Question
We found a cat...

We found a cat underneath our grandson's car three nights ago. He refused water and food, laid on its side constantly and subsequently died this morning. He had the howl like he was sick, so we tried to make him as comfortable as we could. Should we have picked him up and tried to move him? We are sick about losing him, even though we knew him for a very short time.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

We don't know anymore about him than what we have told you.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

I am wondering what to look for in any other strays that wander up to the house. this is the second cat someone has dumped in a year that have died this way.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

He did not have a name that we know of. He was a stray.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/26/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. Did he pass away outside?

What was the temperature outside?

Did you see any obvious signs of trauma?

Did he have on a collar, by chance?