Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

After picking up my cat from boarding she was sneezing about…

Customer Question
After picking up my...

After picking up my cat from boarding she was sneezing about every half hour and is eating very little and sleeping a lot. Maybe has a sore throat. What can i do for her until I can get into the vet on Monday?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

She was suppose to be spayed next Tuesday but I am afraid they won't do it now if she is sick. She is only eight months old and was boarded for the first time last week. I got her out Friday evening and before I could get out of the parking she started sneezing. She was healthy when I boarded her on Monday. Kind of mad to think she caught something at the vet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/25/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear your kitten is congested and may have a sore throat.

If you lift her lip to check her gums, are they pink in color or do they seem pale?

You can try children's nose drops for sneezing and congestion; 1 drop twice daily into the nostrils. One brand is called Little Noses.

I have not heard from you; how is she doing?

Please let me know if my answer was helpful and what other questions you have.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?