Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cats butthole is very infected. the size of a golf ball.

Customer Question
ive treated her with penicilin...
my cats butthole is very infected. the size of a golf ball. ive treated her with penicilin and have cleaned it. is there anything else i can do.?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about your cat having this infection. Can you post a picture of this here?

Penicillin is not a great antibiotic for cats. How much did you give, and for how long? If this is an infection, she may need a more effective antibiotic, from your veterinarian.

If this is an abscess, it may need to be lanced after giving her a sedative.

I did not hear back from you; how is your cat doing?

Hi Keely,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Keely Okeefe. How is everything going?